In the course of our studies, we have amassed quite a collection of information on demons and fighting them. On this page we would like to point you to a few books that we find particularly good. Let us know how you like them, and also let us know if there are others you would recommend!
Books on protecting yourself
- Psychic Self-Defense This is a classic book that contains tools for protecting yourself from psychic attack. This is one of the main forms that demons attack us and thus this book is priceless! This book comes from the metaphysical path rather than a religious one.
Books on exorcism
- An Exorcist Tells His Story This is one of the best books to read on exorcism. Written by Rome’s Chief Exorcist, this book set fire to the Catholic church and sparked an intense revival in interest in exorcism.
- An Exorcist: More Stories Another book by Gabriele Amorth. Just as good and well worth reading.
- Interview With an Exorcist: An Insider’s Look at the Devil, Demonic Possession, and the Path to Deliverance In Q&A format, this book gives concise answers from a Catholic perspective on demons, possession, and exorcism.
Note that although we have (so far!) listed only Catholic books here, we have studied many different styles of exorcism from religions all over the world. There is Catholic exorcism, Christian exorcism, Buddhist exorcism, Chinese exorcism, Shamanic exorcism, and more. They each are appropriate for different situations. However, for a Western audience, these are the books we have found to be the most approachable and well written.
Books relating experiences of exorcism
All of these books relate experiences of exorcism that match well with our own.
- Hostage to the Devil: The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans Written by Malachi Martin, this book is a page turner! It is also very real. Malachi is an ex-Jesuit and specialist on exorcism. It is rumoured that the experiences in this book are actually all his own experiences written in 3rd person style. I believe it.
- The Dark Sacrament: True Stories of Modern-Day Demon Possession and Exorcism For my European friends and students, this is a book partly about ghosts and partly about demons. All of the experiences are in Ireland, a country that needs exorcism services badly. (We have done a lot of work in Ireland, as you can see from our testimonials.) The stories given here match well with our experiences.
- Glimpses of the Devil: A Psychiatrist’s Personal Accounts of Possession, Exorcism, and Redemption This book was written by Scott Peck, a psychiatrist who had too many experiences with clients that he could not explain medically. He started exploring the possibility of demonic forces, and ended up concluding that at least 5% of his cases could only be demonic possession. He relates some of those cases here.
Videos, Tools for exorcism, and more!