A demon is any entity which is not of the light. Usually this means the entity is influencing those around him in a negative way. A demon does NOT have to look like a big scary monster with horns and a tail! Many demons may be small, some may be large, most cannot be seen at all. Yet their affect and influence are very real.
In the movies we see scenes of demons attacking humans, throwing them through the air with the powers of their mind, causing crosses to turn upside-down, causing possessed people to experience various “phenomena”. Some examples of movies which show these very extreme effects include The Exorcist series and Constantine. These phenomena are real and have been documented in many cases of exorcism. The Demon Slayer team has a great deal of experience dealing with such cases.
However, in actual fact most demonic attack is far more subtle! Think of it this way: why would a demon spend all their energy to throw you off a building when instead they can infiltrate your mind, causing you to feel depressed and causing you to think you are worthless so that YOU throw yourself off the building all by yourself! This is truly the way of demons.
Many symptoms of demonic attack “look” a lot like psychological illness, and in fact it can be challenging to differentiate between psychological illness and outside influence, i.e. attack. This is something the Demon Slayer team is specialist in and can assist with.
Symptoms of Ghost Infestation
- Unexplained noises
- Doors, cabinets, drawers opening and closing
- Lights turning on and off
- Items disappearing and reappearing
- Objects moving by themselves
- Unexplained shadows
- Animals behave strangely
- Feelings of being watched
- Feelings of being touched
- Cold or hot spots
Symptoms of Demons or Ghosts Infesting Land or a Building
- Somewhere that feels really creepy. You might feel like you really don’t want to be there all alone although you can’t quite figure out why.
- A place where there have been many deaths. The deaths might be suspicious (e.g. multiple murders) but not necessarily so! A place where there are suddenly several bad traffic accidents, for example, might have been suddenly infested by a demon.
- A place where many businesses have started and gone bankrupt – over and over in the same location.
- A place where various phenomena happen. Thumping noises, remote controls flying across the room, the power cutting off, whining or howling sounds, and so on.
- A place where people who normally feel fine instead feel lots of negative emotions – heavy, depressed, thinking lots of negative thoughts about themselves, and so on. If you notice that you were happy and then you walked into a place and suddenly felt negative – then walk back out and feel fine shortly thereafter – this is a great clue that demons of some kind are there!
Symptoms which Might Indicate Demonic Attack / Possession
- Thinking thoughts which are “not like you” or which “seem to come from somewhere else” or which “come out of the blue”.
- Sudden depression. Sometimes the depression is severe, sometimes it is very subtle.
- Feeling like suicide, like life is not worth living or wondering why you are here.
- Having severe arguments with your spouse or friends.
- Feelings of hopelessness.
Symptoms which Likely Indicate Demonic Attack / Possession
- Feeling like someone or something else is controlling you. You may feel controlled all the time or only some of the time.
- Feeling like someone or something is pressuring you to do certain acts.
- Feeling something touch you, scratch you, or otherwise attack you.
- Hearing one or multiple voices in your head that are negative, persuasive, or commanding you to do something. For example, hearing a voice persuade you that a certain friend should be avoided, or asking you to let them “in” to your life in some way.
- Deep personality changes. For example, someone stays at home all the time when they used to be very gregarious.
- Creepy feelings.
- An area of your house or your neighbourhood which feels negative or oppressive.
- Any kind of phenomena. For example, scratching sounds, things falling off walls or shelves, religious or spiritual items being moved or changed.
- Feeling attacked when others do not see or experience anything. Sometimes this feeling of being attacked may come with physical pain that is medically inexplicable. Usually it will come with psychological pain of some sort – terror or anguish for example.
- An aversion to prayer or an inability to pray.
- Being unable to stand any contact with religious or spiritual items. For example, sudden strong aversion to going into a church or temple, aversion to being touched by a crucifix, and so on.
These are just examples – there are many other possibilities. When in doubt please contact us.